WHU – Otto Beisheim School of Management:
30 years of Excellence in Management Education
WHU – Otto Beisheim School of Management is an internationally oriented and privately financed Business School based in Vallendar and Düsseldorf. Founded in 1984, WHU is now one of the most renowned German Business Schools with an exceptional national and international reputation. WHU stands for “Excellence in Management Education” and pursues its goal in its three core areas of activity: Degree Programs, Research, and Executive Education& Corporate Connections in the field of general management. This excellent standard has been verified by accreditations from AACSB, EFMD (EQUIS) and FIBAA as well as through leading positions in national and international rankings. In addition, WHU is the only private business school in Germany which is a member of the German Research Foundation (DFG). WHU students profit from a global network of 200 partner universities, 160 partner companies and more than 3000 Alumni.
Vallendar is situated in the heart of the famous Rhine Valley, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. There are excellent opportunities for you to explore the beautiful surroundings of Vallendar – take a boat trip through the Rhine gorge with its castle-topped cliffs, or cycle through the Moselle valley, home to some of Germany’s best vineyards. There is a huge selection of outdoor activities available throughout the region.
Campus life at WHU offers many opportunities. Team spirit, problem-solving skills, entrepreneurial thinking, and responsible leadership are fostered not only in the classroom and academic work but also in the student clubs. These extracurricular activities are essential to the lively atmosphere on the campus and one of the most remarkable characteristics of WHU. Whatever your interest, be it sports, music, art, humanitarian aid projects, theater or renowned business conferences – campus life offers something for everyone.
Our students have access to a unique network of 200 partner universities all over the world. No other university-level institution in Germany offers so many active and high-quality partnerships. We place particular emphasis on quality when selecting our partner universities. We are proud to be working with half of the 30 top business schools in the USA on the basis of an exclusive co-operative arrangement.
An overview of WHU’s partner universities worldwide can be found on www.whu.edu/partneruniversities.
The double degree programs are a special feature at WHU. Within the context of our Master of Science programs, a significant number of students will get the opportunity to participate in the double degree program of WHU. You can earn a full degree of the partner university in addition to the MSc degree from WHU after completing only one additional semester abroad.
WHU’s double degree partner universities include:
- University of Western Australia, Australia
- University of Alberta, Canada
- York University, Canada
- PUC, Chile
- Peking University, China
- INCAE, Costa Rica
- Lancaster University Management School, United Kingdom
- École de Management de Lyon, France
- Católica-Lisbon School of Business and Economics, Portugal
- Keio University, Japan
- University of Texas at Austin, United States
- University of San Diego, United Sates
- Tulane University, United States
- Emory University, United States
WHU is repeatedly ranked as one of the leading institutions in the relevant national and international business school rankings. Here are just a few examples:
- Financial Times Master in Management Ranking 2015: WHU’s MiM program is ranked No. 1 in Germany and No. 8 worldwide. Top results in the categories “Placement success rank”, “Salary Today”, and “Aims achieved rank”.
- CHE University Ranking 2014/2015 WHU ranks in the top groups in all areas evalutated by students.
As a result of their enhanced analytical abilities, graduates of the MSc Programs have access to the best international career prospects, in both the business and academic worlds.
On average, WHU graduates have several job offers. A large number of former WHU students reach positions of leadership in a relatively short period. Equally, an above average number of them become top earners.
The range of sectors in which WHU graduates are working today is broad. The focus is on banking and finance, consulting, engineering/ consumer goods industry, as well as media and publishing. A fair share of a year's intake of students set up their own business.
Career Center at WHU
Career service means for us to operate successfully between the enterprises, the WHU, our Alumni and our students. By conducting numerous career activities for students of all programs as well as the doctoral students and the MBA participants we offer occupational orientation and an exciting platform for networking with company representatives and Alumni. Annually, more than 50 companies are active at WHU through corporate presentations, career fairs, and workshops - among them both long-term partners as well as new and interesting businesses.
The Career Service offerings include the following activities:
- Career counseling and career orientation
- Company presentations: About 50 companies are active at WHU campus each year through corporate presentations
- Career events: Two recruiting fairs take place each year (“Master Your Career” in February and the “Career Day” in October)
- Weekly newsletters inform students with information and news of our companies, alumni and current internship and job offers
- Workshops and trainings for professional qualification
- WHU eProfiles/On Campus Recruiting: eProfiles is the online resume book of our graduates. We offer access to this database to all WHU sponsors and this is often the basis for on campus recruiting or interview invitations directly from the respective company
- Alumni network: The Career Center maintains a close relationship to the alumni who significantly support on-campus activities and also help in finding national and international job/internship positions
WHU is unique, and so are its alumni. Founded by the first graduates in 1988, In Praxi – WHU Alumni Association is regarded among the best Alumni Associations in the German speaking region.
The alumni organization has more than 3,000 members, historically and still today more than 90% of all graduates become members of In Praxi. Approximately 25 % live outside Germany, though regular In Praxi meetings take place all over Europe and beyond. More than 20 regional chapters help keeping the community alive and establish the global network of friends. Members are provided with various services and very important, they “keep in touch!”
Every place has a special atmosphere and spirit. Here at WHU, we like to call it the WHU spirit. This means that by joining WHU, you do not only become a student of our university but also a member of a community. This idea leads to a specific and unique atmosphere at our campuses, be it in Vallendar or Düsseldorf. Of course, a feeling like this is not just developed by learning together and sharing similar goals and prospects in life. The WHU spirit is rather the result of joined activities beyond the scope of the academic curriculum. Our students are active in different kinds of student clubs, organize great events, and find ways to bring the demands of their studies in line with a colorful student life.
Master in Management (MSc)
The Master in Management allows you to graduate with an MSc degree in as little as 17 or 21 months, depending on the chosen track. Six concentrations allow you to compose the program according to your interests and goals. Concentrations are offered across all core business areas: Accounting, Economics, Entrepreneurship & Innovation, Marketing & Sales, Strategy, and Supply Chain Management.
You may either specialize to a certain degree in one of the six concentrations offered or gain broad business knowledge by taking courses across all concentrations. The compulsory internship provides you with the opportunity to put theory into practice. An integrated study abroad time provides valuable international experience.
Master in Finance (MSc)
Offering a wide range of modules in the field of finance including Banking, Advanced Corporate Finance, Behavioral & Emotional Finance, and many more, the Master in Finance provides you with an in-depth understanding of financial markets. The program offers both practical and international experience and prepares you for careers in the global financial industry.
Both the Master in Management and the Master in Finance start in September each year with two study sections on the WHU campus in Vallendar. You are required to complete 11 modules: In the Master in Management you can choose between a Concentration Track and a General Management Track. In the Master in Finance you will choose a minimum of eight modules from the Master in Finance Program. Up to three modules are available from the Master in Management Program.
Three credits of the programs are dedicated to the general studies module. Together with the capstone module it provides the opportunity to integrate the gained knowledge and to work on topics concerning sustainability.
With a 210 ECTS credit bachelor’s degree you are able to join the 90 credit track and start your master’s thesis directly after the internship. With a 180 ECTS credit bachelor’s degree you will enroll in the 120 credit track. You will spend an exchange semester at one of WHU’s partner universities around the globe and start your master’s thesis subsequent to the studies abroad.
A significant number of our Master of Science students will join the double degree option of WHU. They spend two semesters abroad at selected partner universities and earn a full second degree, usually an MBA degree, in addition to the MSc degree from WHU.
- A first academic degree from an accredited college, university or technical school in a business-related field of study (equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree with at least 180 ECTS credits)
- At least 5 months of relevant practical experience, for example through internships during the undergraduate studies
- GMAT score of at least 600 (WHU Code: FBR-FH-93), or GRE of at least 155 Verbal and 155 Quantitative, or TM-BASE of at least 103
- TOEFL (score of 100, Internet-based Test) or IELTS (band 7.0); except for native English speakers or applicants who have earned a first academic degree completely taught in English.
- International experience, e.g. through study abroad or internship
If you fulfill the requirements listed, we would like to encourage you to apply for our MSc Programs. Please complete the online application and the biographical questionnaire and send it together with the supporting documents to us. You will find detailled information on how to apply, including the application itself, at www.whu.edu/mim/applications.
We carefully review complete applications and invite qualified candidates to an admission test.
The admission test consists of two one-on-one interviews, one of the interviews is combined with a presentation on a self-chosen, management-related topic. You have two options: You will either participate in one of the on-campus admission tests or, if you live far away from Germany, attend one of our off-campus admission tests with Skype interviews.
WHU students from all programs take part in outstanding opportunities at our partner universities around the world. Especially the Bachelor and the Master Programs offer their participants a chance to pursue a study abroad semester. Therefore, it is not surprising that exchange programs are an essential part of WHU's atmosphere. We are happy to welcome about 140-150 exchange students from our more than 195 partner universities worldwide per semester. As a result, WHU itself is embedded in a truly international environment which transforms our campuses to places of multiple languages and true intercultural interaction.
The tuition fees for the Master of Science programs are EUR 19.500 for the 90 credit track and EUR 24.000 for the 120 credit track. These fees include the costs for the international capstone module in the 90 credit track or the semester abroad in the 120 credit track. For a double degree, an additional fee is charged depending on the tuition fees of the respective partner university.
WHU offers a variety of financial support, particularly the WHU scholarships, the alumni funding program of "Brain Capital GmbH” and a special loan program of Sparkasse Koblenz. You will find an overview of scholarships and funding opportunities on our website.
Insides & Reports
MSc Office // Burgplatz 2
per E-Mail kontaktieren
Insights in the WHU-World by other Squeakers
Everything about the application process, the first weeks at WHU and special events such as the founding congress exclusively from the perspective of Squeaker members ...
Read the Interview about the Master in Finance at WHU and get important tips on applying and studying at WHU!
In the review about the WHU - Otto Beisheim School of Management you will gain greater insights about the master's program at WHU.
If you want to learn more about special events and meetings at WHU, certainly the review about the WHU IdeaLab will help you!
Discover the World of WHU from the perspective of other Squeaker members and set yourself apart from your competitors!
WHU reached the 21th Place in the current Financial Times European Business School Ranking and is thus in 2013, the best business school in Germany.
Meet us at our Events!
WHU offers students interested in our programs different events where they can get to know our campus. In addition, these events will offer a chance to get acquainted with other students, our faculty and some of our partners.
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check out our event-calender for upcoming events:
- Oct 7-8, 2016: IdeaLab! 2016, Vallendar
- Oct 14, 2016: e-fellows Master Day, Vienna
- Oct 21, 2016: e-fellows Master Day, Cologne
- Oct 27, 2016: MSc & MBA Info Session, Cologne
- Oct 30, 2016: WHU Generations Cup, Frankfurt
- Nov 17, 2016: MSc & MBA Info Session, Munich
- Nov 18, 2016: Master and More, Stuttgart
- Nov 24, 2016: Master and More, Berlin
- Nov 30, 2016: MSc & MBA Info Session, Berlin
- Dec 1, 2016: MSc & MBA Info Session, Hamburg
- Dec 3, 2016: Master and More, Frankfurt
- Dec 8, 2016: MSc & MBA Info Session, Frankfurt
- Dec 9, 2016: Master and More, Hamburg
- Dec 12, 2016: MSc & MBA Info Session, Düsseldorf
- Jan 14, 2017: Master and More, Munster
- Jan 18/19, 2019: Campus for Finance New Year’s Conference, Vallendar
- Mar 24, 2017: SensAbility 2017, Vallendar
Kerndaten zu diesem Studienprogramm
Master in Science (MSc)
Master in Finance (MSc)
|Angebotene Abschlüsse in diesem Programm||
Master of Science (MSc)
AACSB, EQUIS, FIBAA